Monday, September 3, 2012

Cast Donuts


Oh yeah this week I have a cool puzzle!!!  It is the Cast Donuts puzzle and it was designed by a guy in Finland named Vesa Timonen.  The puzzle is made of four pieces that form two rings and the rings are intertwined.  I really like the look and feel of this puzzle.  In fact, I find myself putting the puzzle in my pocket a lot.  This is because I like the smooth feel of the puzzle.  Solving this puzzle isn’t very difficult but the puzzle mechanics is very cool.  I had to solve the puzzle a few times to understand the solution method.  Once the mechanism is understood, it can be solved in a few seconds.  This is my favorite cast puzzle (at the moment) and that is saying a lot because most of my cast puzzles are exceptional.  This puzzle kicks ass and I highly recommend it.  I received this puzzle from PuzzleMaster and you can find the solution here.  

4 comments:

  1. I love it too!
    When I give it to non-puzzlers, it is surprising how many fail to work it out and for those that do it takes a hell of a long time!

    Kevin
    Puzzlemad

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's weird, I doubt you could solve my copy in a few seconds. It is super-tight and takes me at least 30 seconds to get it apart! You have to almost pry the pieces apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can get apart in about 5 seconds. You have to set it up just right and it will fall apart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...