Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Titanic Puzzle


The puzzle I’m going to talk about today is called the Titanic puzzle and I received it from Brilliant Puzzles.  This is a kumiki puzzle and if you would like to know more about this type of Japanese puzzle then please read my brief explanation about them here.  Out of the kumiki puzzles that I received from Brillant Puzzle, this was the one I was looking forward to the most.  While I do like the puzzle, I have some notable concerns about it.  Let’s start off with the good stuff.  I liked the puzzle design.  Taking the puzzle apart isn’t very difficult but I like the idea of a puzzle that looks like a boat.  My concern is with the quality of wood.  Some of the pieces were shedding bits of wood, which didn’t seem like it was from a sanding process.  I’ve never seen this before so I didn’t know what to think.  What I don’t understand is that out of the three kumiki puzzles that I received, two had this crumbling wood and the other was quite well manufactured and had good wood.  The quality of wood was disappointing and a little more sanding would have been helpful.  However, if you want an affordable boat puzzle that you are not going to handle that much then this one might be for you.  In my opinion, this is more of a display item than a puzzle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...