Friday, July 27, 2012

Spin to Win Puzzle


Shortly after I solved my “Ribik’s Cube” I started to take a bit more interest in sequential puzzles.  One puzzle that I’ve had my eye on for a while is a puzzle called Spin to Win.  Don’t leave yet internet traveler.  If you thought this was a lottery website then you are sadly mistaken.  However, unlike the lottery, you have a good chance of winning and by winning I mean solving a cool puzzle.  I sense many leaving at this point.  For those that do stay I have a special code for you 8675309, 8675309, 8675309.  Nevermind, I just thought I’d do a little retro groove.  So before I get lost talking about the 80’s let’s talk about this puzzle.  The two middle sections rotate independently from the rest of the cylinder and from each other.  In addition, they can rotate clockwise as well as counterclockwise.  Furthermore, this puzzle has balls (it had to be done).  There are 4 red balls, 4 blue balls, 4 green balls, and 4 yellow balls.  The goal of this puzzle is to scramble up the colors and then bring it back to its solved state.  I wanted to scramble it good so I took some time messing up the colors.  When I was finally satisfied, I started on what I thought was going to be a long journey.  As it turned out, I was able to solve it within thirty minutes.
I would say that this puzzle isn’t as hard as a rubik’s cube but I think it is still fun.  In fact, I think it is more fun than a rubik’s cube because you don’t need to memorize algorithms to get to the solution which is a big plus in my book.  I’ve already scrambled the thing up a few times and solved it so in my opinion the replay value is high.  This is a good puzzle to have when on a road trip or just bored because it is challenging but you won’t blow a fuse trying to solve it.  I received this puzzle from Brilliant Puzzles.  

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...